Here in 2018, there are a MULTITUDE of “CHURCH ORGANIZATIONS”, but what about the Church founded by Jesus Christ on the day of Pentecost 31 A.D? Is the Church of God an “ORGANIZATION”? Or is it a SPIRITUAL ORGANISM, made up of the people who have been called of God, and whom received the Holy Spirit upon repentance, belief of the gospel and baptism? There has been MUCH confusion caused by the numerous misconceptions of what the true Church of God is! A REAL BABYLON! Perhaps you belong to a certain “Organization”? Perhaps you have been working hard, volunteering, raising money, and donating that money to build up such an “Organization”? What if you were to find out that all of your hard work, all of your sweat, your tears, your sacrificing was ALL IN VAIN? You would be UPSET & ANGRY, now wouldn’t you? But, whether you realize it or not, IT IS HAPPENING TO MILLIONS OF PEOPLE, and you may be one of the many who have been FOOLED by such a great deception!
- DID CHRIST Reorganize THE CHURCH? | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong
- Who Is Lord? Caesar or Christ? | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong
- CHRIST PUTS CHURCH ON BIBLE FORM OF ORGANIZATION | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong
- HOW THE WORLDWIDE CHURCH OF GOD CAME INTO BEING | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong
- What Every Reader Needs to Know About the FOUNDATION, HISTORY, AUTHORITY AND DOCTRINE OF THE WORLDWIDE CHURCH OF GOD | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong
- Just What Is The Church? | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong
- IS GOD’S CHURCH COMPOSED OF MANY SEPARATE ‘GROUPS’? | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong
- Just What Is ‘The Work’? And what was it, and how organized, in 1933, and from A.D. 31-70? | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong
- CONGRESS OF LEADING MINISTERS HEARS DEFINED AND REEMPHASIZED SPIRITUAL ORGANIZATION OF CHURCH | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong
- ADVISORY COUNCIL OF ELDERS FORMED | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong
- Mystery of the Ages (Chapter 6) | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong
- Would You Accuse Jesus Christ? | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong
- IS CHRIST STARTING A SECOND CHURCH? | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong
The Worldwide Church of God was raised up, through the WORK of preaching the gospel done by Herbert W. Armstrong. The people CONVERTED through hearing this wonderful message preached by the apostle of Christ, who received the Holy Spirit of God upon repentance, belief and baptism, became members of the Worldwide Church of God! This body of believers, is UN-incorporated. This UN-incorporated body, SUPPORTED and FINANCIALLY BACKED God’s apostle, Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong, and the WORK GREW. And when the Work grew, an organization was REQUIRED to be incorporated. But the ORGANIZATION is NOT the Church!
“And, by the way, if you look at the telecast tomorrow morning, I wonder are you indifferent — thinking “Well I don’t need to look at it”? Well, brethren, it’s money that you pay in. Of course, it’s God’s money. But that’s what’s paying for it, and each one of those telecasts tomorrow (The one tomorrow morning on Channel 11, and the one tomorrow evening on Channel 9.), each one of those just for that one-half hour is costing several thousand dollars. Did you know that? But they reach a lot of people; and telephone calls come in by the hundreds and the thousands as a result immediately, from people clear outside of the Church.
But that’s part of your work. I just happen to be the speaker. But you notice that it says, “This is sponsored by the Worldwide Church of God.” Not by me. I don’t sponsor it. You are all the Worldwide Church of God. The Worldwide Church of God is all of us combined, put together. And we’re ONE BODY fitly framed and joined together whether we are in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the Philippines, South Africa, England, Germany, or where — ONE BODY, many offices, many things to do; but one body. So let’s understand that. And each of us has his own job to do. That’s why one scripture says, “Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling” because we each have something to do.” | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong, “Success Based On God’s Law (Origins)” given July 30, 1983
Today, the Worldwide Church of God membership still supports Christ’s apostle in preaching the gospel. However, there are today a NUMEROUS AMOUNT of “Church Organizations”, calling themselves “The Church of God”. The men starting these ORGANIZATIONS, were ministers who were ordained into the ministry, under Herbert W. Armstrong in the Worldwide Church of God. They started an ORGANIZATION FIRST, setting up their own CHURCH GOVERNMENT with them in the chief seat of power, then proceeded to build up a Church membership unto themselves, targeting the membership of the Worldwide Church of God. Just like Garner Ted Armstrong did:
- IS CHRIST STARTING A SECOND CHURCH? | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong
- “And now, at last, we can say that gospel has gone into every nation on earth.” | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong, “Are We In The Last Days?”
- “It is revealed in Malachi 3:1-5 and 4:5-6 that God would raise up one in the power and spirit of Elijah, shortly prior to the Second Coming of Christ. In Matthew 17:11 Jesus said, even after John the Baptist had completed his mission, that this prophesied Elijah “truly shall first come, and restore all things.” Although it is plainly revealed that John the Baptist had come in the power and spirit of Elijah, he did not restore anything. The human leader to be raised up somewhat shortly prior to Christ’s Second Coming was to prepare the way—prepare the Church—for Christ’s coming, and restore the truth that had been lost through the preceding eras of the Church. Also a door was to be opened for this leader and/or the Philadelphia era of the Church to fulfill Matthew 24:14: “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.” It was to be at a time when, for the first time in the history of mankind, the weapons of mass destruction were produced that could erase all humanity from the earth (Matt. 24:21-22). This also was to occur just before the Second Coming of Christ (verses 29-30). These prophecies have now definitely been fulfilled. The true gospel has been restored and has now gone in power into every nation on the face of the earth.” | Author: Herbert W. Armstrong, “Mystery of the Ages” (Chapter 6)
The current landscape of the “Churches of God” is a landscape of ORGANIZATIONS, each competing with each other, each politicking, each trying to gain the chief seat with the MOST members, and each trying to make “their organizations great” as the organization under Mr. Armstrong grew great. And so when their organizations wax weaker and weaker in membership, they turn to the World with campaigns to build membership! So they tell their members that they have been commissioned to fulfill Matthew 24:14, in order to justify their search for NEW MEMBERS! Mr. Armstrong, as the apostle of Christ, was given this commission, and the Worldwide Church of God was commissioned to HELP HIM in that Work! Not, go off helping ANOTHER MAN, or a BOARD OF MEN! So the Worldwide Church of God are doing their parts LOCALLY where they congregate. Ministers who have REBELLED, have gone out to form their own ORGANIZATIONS, their own GOVERNMENTS, their own BOARDS and COUNCILS, teaching that such boards, or MEN, or COUNCILS have the power to put doctrine within the Church of God. This is the IMAGE of the BEAST. Mr. Armstrong magnified the OFFICE of his apostleship! He was UNDER authority! Doctrine did not originate from him, but from God the Father, who gave it to His son Jesus Christ, who then gave it to the apostle, who gave it to all of the Church! These organizations, alter, reject or change existing doctrines of Christ, and place NEW DOCTRINES into their congregations on their own authority, NOT the authority of Jesus Christ! “They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.”(1 John 2:19) Someone UNDER authority cannot CHANGE what the authority OVER THEM has established! Mr. Armstrong is under Jesus Christ, and was faithful in preaching what he had been taught! The true ministers are UNDER Mr. Armstrong! And so whatever Mr. Armstrong taught must be ADMINISTERED by the lower-rank ministers to the congregations, or they are not carrying out their ministry in Christ! Any man or woman who teaches CONTRARY to what Christ gave through His apostle, are not fitly joined with the foundation of the Church! And so the efforts, of these organizations, are all in VAIN. They are NOT the true Church of God! They are ALL COUNTERFEITS OF SATAN THE DEVIL! Yes, we have had ONE TIME MEMBERS of the Worldwide Church of God, turn against the Church to bring the members UNDER BONDAGE- BACK INTO BABYLON. And these organizations are being used to get that job done(i.e Obadiah)! So, don’t be caught up in ORGANIZATIONS OF MEN. YOU MINISTERS- Don’t be paid by ORGANIZATIONS OF MEN, rely on God, obey God. The reason why the Church grew weak before the raising up of the Philadelphia Era, was due to the Church mingling with BABYLON, and allowing BABYLON to set up CHURCH GOVERNMENT, and under Babylon’s rule the Church was SCATTERED! The very reason the Worldwide Church of God today is scattered is due to ORGANIZATIONS. The 501(c)(3) status is a category the IRS has for “religious non-profit ORGANIZATIONS”. Some leading ministers of another Church claims that Herbert W. Armstrong and the Worldwide Church of God was 501(c)(3), and they teach their membership THIS LIE! This is done to LIFT UP THEIR ORGANIZATION- their IMAGE OF THE BEAST. But the Worldwide Church of God was never 501(c)(3), as the Worldwide Church of God is NOT an ORGANIZATION OF MEN, but a SPIRITUAL ORGANISM. And because of this great confusion as to WHAT the true Church IS, this BABYLON of confusion, this array of competing ORGANIZATIONS, SECTS AND DENOMINATIONS is prominent! WE NEED TO GET THESE THINGS STRAIGHT IN OUR MINDS AND THE TRUTH CEMENTED! Those of us, who attend with these ORGANIZATIONS, must “DELIVER OURSELVES” as God commands in Zechariah 2:7. In Revelation 18:4, Jesus Christ tells us- THIS CHURCH- to “Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.” Is this a light suggestion? Or a DIRECT COMMAND? That depends on whether you have been called of God or NOT! Are you going to OBEY God, or just disregard His Word? That is simply up to you.